16 Jul Eight Bathroom Remodeling Ideas On A Budget
Eight Bathroom Remodeling Ideas On A Budget
Are you ready to give your outdated and unattractive bathroom a facelift but can’t afford to spend a fortune? Here’s the good news: You don’t need to spend a humongous amount to give your bathroom a fresher look.
If the budget is on a low end, you may want to stick to the aesthetic changes, such as changing the fixtures like the sink or painting the walls. If you can afford to spend more, you can go ahead with more significant changes such as changing the tiles, installing an enormous shower or window. Again, it would depend on your budget.
So if you are low on a budget and looking for ideas on updating your bathroom on a budget, then we got you covered!
Here are eight ideas on how to give your bathroom a makeover when you’re on a budget:
1. Limit Your Tile – This philosophy starts at the top, you must lead by example. If you expect your staff to treat your customers with respect and give great service, make sure you are doing the same to your staff. Go that extra mile.
2. Save Money on Counter Tops – Look for neutral-colored countertops that are popular. They can be expensive, so consider a broader swath of colors. If you like granite, look for a slab that has imperfections. The more visible the spot, the lesser the price will be. You can also repurpose old fixtures like an old dresser as sink pedestals. You simply cut the top to fit the sink, cut the interior drawer if needed, and cut holes in the back for plumbing.
3. Save on Paint – Repainting is perhaps the cheapest and most effective way to give your bathroom a makeover. But keep in mind that it would take longer than you think. Why? Your bathroom may be the tiniest space in your house, but you need to paint slowly and carefully around the windows, the tub, the sink, the mirror, the toilet, the shower, and the floor. It will need a lot of time and patience.
Bathrooms are susceptible to molds and mildew because of the humid environment; with that in mind – be sure to invest in good quality paint. You may want to use special bathroom paint and go over the ceiling to resist mold growth.
4. Update the Fixtures – Updating the light fixtures, sink faucets, towel racks, and drawer pulls can cost you a small investment. These fixtures may seem trivial, but updating them can give your bathroom a fresher look. Some of the items may be pricey and out of your budget, but you can replicate them for less.
5. Clean and Brighten the Grout – When grout gets grimy, it is unsightly and dull. By cleaning the grout and the caulk lines around the tub and sink, you can brighten it up for a mere dollar. Pro-tip, a mixture of washing soda and hydrogen peroxide, can be applied directly to the caulk.
6. Buy Pre-owned Fixtures – You could save money on fixtures if you purchased them pre-owned. You can also look for upcycled fixtures online. For instance, you can easily find upcycled bathroom accessories on Etsy by just searching with keywords like “bathroom” or “upcycled.”
7. Refinish Instead of Replace – Replacing your bathtub or shower will be your last possible option, that is, if you want to remodel on a budget. If the problems are merely cosmetics like yellowed surfaces, you can refinish rather than removing and installing brand new fixtures.
8. Install Your Toilet – A skilled plumber is worth their weight in gold. But if you can carry a toilet and switch the old one to the new one, then you can avoid calling a plumber and stick to your budget.
Toilet installation requires waterline hookups, and the most challenging part of installing a toilet is moving it into place. For that, you can ask someone to help you or buy an inexpensive hand truck.
We all love bright and functional bathrooms. However, popular home remodeling ideas are expensive, leading us to dread taking up such projects. With patience and the right tools, you start with eight simple ideas on remodeling your bathroom at a low cost that can make your space look fresh without spending a fortune.
Are you ready? It’s time to make your bathroom look expensive without spending a fortune. And remember, if you can’t manage the project, consult the services of an expert..
Remodeling leads can be an expensive and aggravating experience to acquire. Get exclusive bathroom remodeling leads as we help you build a solid online presence while keeping your sales pipeline full!